Elden Pixels have announced the release date for 16-bit metroidvania Alwa’s Legacy. In addition, the developers are accepting sign-ups for a closed beta.
Funded on Kickstarter in December 2019, and as detailed in the press release, the game is the sequel to Alwa’s Awakening. While that game was inspired by 8-bit games, Alwa’s Legacy takes a 16-bit look.
After the first game, Zoe now heads back home. When she wakes up however, she finds she is back at the begging of her adventure, in a world “familiar yet different at the same time.” Now she must save the people yet again, “from whatever mysterious curse it appears to be under,” to save it from extinction.
In this metroidvania adventure, players can upgrade their character to suit their play style- be it offensive, defensive, or explorative. These open up different pathways, and allow the player to solve different puzzles.
In addition, Elden Pixels are accepting sign-ups for a closed beta. The beta will begin in April 2020, for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux. Progress from the beta will not carry over into the final game. You can find the sign-ups form here.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
A modern retro adventure game filled with magic, secrets and exploration!
Alwa’s Legacy is a modern retro game full of dangerous dungeons, magical items and ancient secrets. By upgrading your magic, any way forward is right in this non-linear adventure game full of exploration.
Customize how you play
- With our upgrade system you can choose how you want to play – Explorative, offensive or strategic. It’s your choice!
Exploration is rewarded
- Don’t leave any stone unturned, the world of Alwa is filled with secrets and finding them requires you to explore and solve puzzles
A non-linear experience
- Combining exploration and different item upgrades allows you to find your own way through this adventure
Looks and sounds amazing
- Enjoy crisp pixel-art combined with modern effects as well as a soundtrack made by chiptune extraordinaire RushJet1
A challenge awaits
- Quick reflexes are needed to navigate through the many challenging rooms and with easy-to-change settings anyone can enjoy Alwa’s Legacy
Alwa’s Legacy launches Summer 2020 for Windows PC, Linux, and Mac (all via Steam), and Nintendo Switch.